Friday 28 January 2011

Alice through the looking...wonderland?

I don't know how many people have seen the new two-part 'Alice' but i happen to think it's awesome.

I do find it a smidge odd that it's kind of a mix of 'through the looking glass' and 'in wonderland' because she falls through a looking glass after following a guy called 'the white rabbit'... weird.

The action is so cool and the possible romance between her and the hatter rocks!

I know this is just a distraction from my writing but i love it all the same. :)
Talking of writing, i'm starting my English Language coursework soon and i thought i'd share the possible idea i have for it. (It being a piece of original writing or 'writing to entertain' as we were briefed.)

The idea so far is of a woman with synaesthesia, in this case she see's smells, who possibly works in a pie shop (shown in a flashback) and is put into a mental institute (This is set in the 1800's) because they think she's crazy. It's only a short story, like 1500 words or so, but i relish the opportunity to write on any occasion. (Even though i may be stuck in a period of writers block to do with my novel at the mo.)

Sigh, TV is my addiction. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea for the coursework!
    Is that what you went with in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story idea. I'm guessing they put her in an asylum because of the synaesthesia?

    And don't worry, TV is my addiction too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paperbackwriter: Well, i haven't actually started the coursework yet but thank you! :)

    Gayle: Yeah, because of the synaesthesia. OUr brief was either a fiction piece on 'Senses' or a dramatic monologue.

    ReplyDelete